There are some questions that when you hear them during an interview, they make you want to cringe. They are questions that most interviewers ask and most interviewees hate. What questions am I talking about? Well, let’s address two of them in the blog post.
The first question (drum roll) is; why are you looking to leave your current position or why did you leave your current position?
Obviously answers will vary for this question, depending on whether you are currently working or not. It should also vary based on the type and size of the company you are interviewing with.
There are certain items that need to be taken into consideration:
1) Don’t bad mouth your prior company, actually you want to give them some praise before you begin to answer the question about why you are no longer there
2) Make sure to choose a reason that directly sells yourself to the company you are interviewing with. For example if you left a large company and are interviewing with a smaller company, you may want to say you are looking for a more entrepreneurial atmosphere.
Now for the most dreaded questions of all! What is your biggest weakness? Well one thing is for certain, the worst answer you can give is that you don’t have any weaknesses. So what should you be saying when asked this question? Well there are really three parts to this answer.
1) Explain what you believe is your biggest weakness
2) Explain how you are working on or have worked on improving this weakness
3) Explain how the weakness does not affect your ability to get your work done effectively
Thanks for reading! You are well on your way to a successful interview.
CEO/Founder Five Star Resume
Save $25! Resume + Cover Letter. Get all of the benefits of both our Professional Resume and Cover Letter in one. In this package there is a staggered delivery timeline between the Resume and Cover Letter. We do this to ensure that the documents align with each other and to reduce the amount of time needed for the client to edit both documents. *Resumes greater than 1 page are subject to the Additional Resume Page Fee
$375.00Add to Cart
Save $75! Resume + Cover Letter +LinkedIn Profile. Get all of the benefits of our Professional Resume, Cover Letter... *Resumes greater than 1 page are subject to the Additional Resume Page Fee
$475.00Add to Cart
Save $75! Resume + Cover Letter + Interview Coaching + LinkedIn Profile. Get all of the benefits of our Professional Resume... *Resumes greater than 1 page are subject to the Additional Resume Page Fee
$675.00Add to Cart
Save $25! Resume +LinkedIn Profile. Get all of the benefits of our Professional Resume + Customized LinkedIn Profile *Resumes greater than 1 page are subject to the Additional Resume Page Fee
$375Add to Cart